Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Part-time....

So I found out today I will be going part-time on May 9th. I had been thinking about this for quite sometime now but I woke up a couple of weeks ago and realized that it was something that I needed to do. Don't get me wrong, I know I am blessed to have a job in the current economy....but my family needs me more right now. I love being a Mommy and I hope to have more children one day, but there are just somethings that people don't tell you. And I don't think it would really matter, its just something you have to learn for yourself. ITS HARD!!!!! I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, but juggling a marriage, a full-time job, a child, and keeping your house in somewhat livable condition is not easy! My husband rotates shifts between days and nights, and there are days when we only see each other for a few minutes. We have gone WEEKS without even going out to dinner....baby or no baby. I think back to the past few months, and I feel guilty. This past Christmas was Aniston's first Christmas. Her ONLY first Christmas she will ever have. And we never took the time to go to see Santa. (Yes, I know that this isn't what Christmas is about, but its just one of those traditions I wanted to start) We never had a day off together to take her. We have wanted to get her ears pierced for quite some time now, and we don't have time. Thats sad. There arent many things in the past year other than my maternity leave that includes both Mommy & Daddy. One of us is ALWAYS working. Thats about to change. It may mean that I have to become one those super thrifty moms, and I may have to clip more coupons, and budget alot better. But I am determined to do more things this summer as a family. Day trips, getting our house back in order, working in the yard......and enjoying every single moment with our precious angel! 
Sneak peek at her Easter/Birthday pictures....more to come!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You will NEVER regret time spent with your child. If my job had a part-time option, I'd be ALL over it! At least I have my summers! :)