Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The day our lives changed forever....

With a due date of April 6th, no one seemed to think that I would quite make it that far. I started dilating at 36 weeks, and progressed every week...up until the week of my due date. I was 4 cm and 70% effaced for over a week, and ended up going in for induction on April 9th. Ugh, and was it ever an experience!!! The day started out great, pitocin was started, and I got my epidural....and then we waited.


I didn't make any progress until about 5 in the evening, (we went in at 6am), and then things moved very quickly! I started pushing at about 9:30pm, until my hubby's truck got hit in the parking lot!!! Of all things!!!! Anyway, so once that was taken care of, my Doctor came just in time for my epidural to quit working.....another big UGH. We had to call the poor little Anethisia guy back in...(which I feel kinda bad now because I don't think I was very nice to him!! lol)....and he had to give me more medicine in it....and that didn't work either!!! He eventually gave me something to take SOME of the pain away....and Aniston made her appearance a couple hours later!! (yes I said a couple HOURS...of PUSHING!!!) Aniston Michelle Underwood
April 10th, 2009 1:04 AM
8 lbs 11oz 19 1/2 inches







No comments: